Electro-Voice MFX-15MC | 15" multi-use coax monitorFROM £20.00 EX VAT
(Please note all prices are exclusive of VAT + 20% will be added to the final price)
Request a Quote
- Frequency response: (-3 dB)1 52 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency range: (-10 dB)1 45 Hz - 19 kHz
- Rotatable coverage: 60° x 40° FOH, 40° x 60° Monitor
- Axial sensitivity1: 97 dB (1 W/1 m)
- Max. SPL2: 136 dB
- Power handling3: 500 W (Continuous), 3500 W (Peak)
- Nominal impedance passive: 8 Ω
- Nominal impedance biamp LF: 8 Ω
- Nominal impedance biamp HF: 8 Ω
- Transducer: CXCA3128-1CA
- Connectors: Neutrik NL4 input with NL4 pass through
- Enclosure: 12-18-mm Baltic birch plywood with EVCoat
- Logo: Rotatable
- Monitor angles: 35° and 55°
- Grille: 1.5-mm zinc plated steel with corrosion resistant coating
- Handles: Two with integrated cup for standard 35-mm pole
- Suspension: Four M10 suspension points located to work with truss clamps, wall mounts, flying brackets and a
- Color: Black (RAL 9005) or white (RAL 9003)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 600 mm x 500 mm x 339 mm (23.6 in x 19.7 in x 13.4 in)
- Weight: 23 kg
MFX Multi-Functional Monitors deliver a new level of reference performance from compact, two-way, coaxial designs. In addition to their primary use as live sound stage monitors, they can also serve as shortthrow, full range sound reinforcement speakers (with or without subwoofer) and are appropriate for a wide range of permanent installations. The internal details of the cabinet were selected in order to maximize internal volume while maintaining a low stage profile to preserve sight lines. The input panel is recessed into the rear of the speaker, protecting connectors within the cabinet envelope. The panel includes NL4 input and loop-through connections, along with a passive/biamp switch.
MFX Multi-Function Monitors are an attractive investment for live sound companies because they can be deployed in multiple system roles, keeping more of the rental inventory working rather than sitting in the warehouse until an appropriate job is booked. EV has created a library of DSP settings to optimize the speakers for specific uses. The recommended MFX monitor amplifier match is the Dynacord TGX or IPX amplifier series. The loudspeaker settings run in Dynacord’s SONICUE control software, which loads them into the amplifier DSP section.
The constant directivity waveguide has a narrow pattern when the speaker is used horizontally as monitor, and a wide pattern when the cabinet is oriented vertically for use as a short-throw loudspeaker. The relatively large physical size of the waveguide controls coverage more uniformly and to a lower frequency than competitive models. The dimensions and location of the waveguide interact with the woofer to effectively create a bipole output, enhancing coverage control through the midrange frequencies. This configuration contributes to excellent gain-before-feedback performance. The waveguide also functions as a structural support (standoff) for the grille, even when a lead singer’s boot rests directly on the speaker.
The coaxial driver and horn assembly can be uninstalled and re-installed with a 90° rotation, which also rotates the coverage pattern; this is only recommended for install applications. Both models feature an integrated pole cup (neatly located in the side handle recesses) and four M10 suspension points to attach custom U brackets for wall-mount or flown use. Truss clamps, stand mount adapters, and a rigging bar are available for live or permanent installations.
+ 20% will be added to your order